Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In the Moutains with Matt!

Last night I had a dream that Matt and I were running around these mountains and valleys that looked a lot like the ones around Lake Chelan near Holden. It was around dusk, and when we looked up in the sky there was this big green hexagon that started spinning really fast. We started running toward it but soon came up against a giant cliff. Matt jumped off and when he reached the bottom of the valley, somehow he just shot up the other side, and started running again. I jumped too, and shot up the other side as well. There were rocks and bushes and vines and everything was covered in a light mist, and then I realized we were at the gorge behind the OE, except there was a giant waterfall that we could see. Matt jumped off the side of the gorge and I did the same, but as I was coming up the other side, I could tell I wasn't going to make it all the way to the top. I scrambled to find something to grab on to before I fell back down and found a little ledge, but was only able to hold on to it with my hands and wasn't able to pull the rest of myself onto it. I didn't know where Matt was anymore, but at that point in the dream I remembered a really deep, philosophical conversation Matt and I apparently had about "simply letting go" (that was the phrase that was in my head) so I let go of the ledge and fell until I woke up--a little out of breath and scared, but strangely relaxed.

I hope you all are well. Sending all my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment