Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Friday, July 16, 2010

Childhood Toys

It's been several hours since I woke up from this dream, about 12, so I can only remember a few of he major points. A great deal of this dream centered around OE people, and focused on childhood "memories." We were all walking/hitch-hiking to an airport, at one point we got on a white semi. Then it stopped in the middle of the empty road , which had a small structure nearby that I think we were trying to get passports from. Somehow the process involved discussions of childhood toys and other similar topics.

At a later point- I can't remember the stuff in between- we reached the airport. It was small and shady, and the airport people were jerks. (Well, I guess that's reality bleeding over haha I strongly dislike airports, security BS, and flying). Everything felt rather peculiar because I was trying to think of the details, such as: where are we going?, where is our luggage?, do we all have passports?, how/when did we buy tickets? Basically things none of you seemed to notice or care about. We were all children at this point, instead of adults just discussing our childhood stories. I got a weird video screen flash of all your passports- which consisted of a picture of your faces, next to your favorite childhood toy. Unfortunately I can't recall what your toys all looked like- it might have been interesting to see if I was picking up some crazy psychic wavelengths. I think I saw Duncan, Lyndi, Ashley, Scott, and Rachel's toy-passports. One of them was a dog, a long-haired brown dog, sort of like a brown golden retriever, although I think it was a real dog that went with us. Then someone else had a doll, and another had a white bear with a sewn on face that had a blue nose. Perhaps our destination was some Never Never Land sorta place. We never made it past the shot of me seeing all your toys next to the child-yous. It was fun to see you all so careless and curious walking in the airport, even though the security people were annoyed with you :) I'm not sure if I was a little kid too or not. It'd be an awesome alternate reality where we all get to see each other as children and play together. I think that is something we should try to do in the next life. I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment