Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Wild Party with Elise and Lil' Mike.

Elise and I went to visit Lil' Mike at his parents house in California. Lil' Mike showed us all around his room, which had brown carpet and wood-paneling on the walls and a bunch of lamps hanging from the ceiling. I don't remember all the transitions in this dream, but somehow we decided to have a big party and at one point I was sitting on a big armchair drinking a lot of wine straight from the bottle. Again, I don't know exactly how this fits, but at another point one of my philosophy teachers from Eastern was there, reading a quote from Dante, apparently, from an overhead projector. It was supposed to be a quote about love, but all I remember from the quote is that the professor said, "boobs," and I thought that was a weird thing for Dante to say. The last word in the quote wasn't an English word at all and used really weird characters that were made up of lines and dots, and when the professor got to that word, he stopped and Elise pronounced it correctly. Somehow Elise knew that language.

Eventually Elise, Lil' Mike and I fell asleep at this "party" we were having, and when I woke up in the morning, the three of us were sleeping on the floor of Lil' Mike's room in the shape of a T and there was nothing left in his room. I got up, looked around and felt ashamed because I got so drunk at the party I didn't remember anything after sitting in that chair and drinking. I left the room and went downstairs and there were three papasan chairs each piled high with clothes and sheets. Lil' Mike's mom and younger sister were standing in the room talking and at this point I noticed I had a tattoo on my arm and one on my stomach. I went back to the room where Elise and Lil' Mike were still sleeping and Elise woke up and said, "Whoa..." and I said, "I know." And then she said, "Well, I think it's a good thing..." (Lil' Mike wakes up in the middle of this sentence--and the good thing Elise is referring to, I think, is the fact that everything in the room is gone) "...because it was starting to feel like a dirty room, you know?" When Lil' Mike heard that, he got a little defensive and said, "Yeah, but it was clean."

That's all I got. I miss you guys so much. I think once you all come out to Holden (because we're just going to slowly convince all of you to come...) we should plan out our little community. And it will be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment