Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brief news from the OE and random thoughts

Hey everyone!
I thought I should pass this information on for those of you who may not be aware. John had heart bypass surgery on Monday, and to my knowledge is recovering well so far. I haven't talked to Nancy much about it, as this was all via email, so my information is limited. She said I could share it with you all, and I thought it would be nice for us to "hold" John and Nancy. Ya know in the loving, OE, IFS-infused sort of way. There shouldn't be any reason to worry, but this gives a reminder for us to stay in the OE loop.

A few days ago I did have a dream that Rachel made a cameo in, but I remember so little of it now. She probably said something profound that changed my dream-world perception.... That time in Oregon is like a dream now, something I remember vividly, in a bizarre way that makes my heart ache because I'm unknowingly searching for some truth that lies just out of reach. It says "remember this moment, you're life depends on it." I can only hope that I truly feel that passion and can rise to the occasion. I never felt so human and real as I did in that little wooded area, surrounded by mountains and wonderful people. So often, I miss the clarity of unhindered self-expression and exploration.

All you people in Holden (and on their way) make me jealous, I bet it's wonderful there. I wish I could come and join you, but alas I plan to dig my debt hole even deeper in the next couple years by going back for a degree in massage therapy. So, we'll see how that works out. I miss you all, perhaps we can make our paths cross again soon in some place other than our dreams or over the web of electronic information.

In your lives, I hope all is as well as it can be.
All my love,
Racheal

3 comments:

  1. Oh, our paths will cross. I'm sure of it! Thanks for the update, Racheal. When do you start school again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That time in Oregon is like a dream now, something I remember vividly, in a bizarre way that makes my heart ache because I'm unknowingly searching for some truth that lies just out of reach. It says "remember this moment, you're life depends on it.""

    racheal. ^ that was beautifully articulated. you say such nice things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lyndi :) I start school on September 1st, not long until I get back in the grind of academia.

    ReplyDelete