Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Monday, August 30, 2010

Pot Luck

A couple nights ago, I dreamed that all us OE kids met up at this totally random place to have a pot luck. I took my plate to the table, and standing next to Matt, I saw his dish was white rice with black beans on the top. Rather plain, thought I, but I would never complain about beans and rice. Then I moved to the next dish by Andrew-- kidney beans and white rice, set up in the same way as Matt's. Lyndi was next and she used butter beans on the bed of rice. So, lots of beans and rice filled my plate, which had me confused. Did they all plan this? Or were their brains simply all working in the same wavelength? You had managed to make white rice with different kinds of beans in each dish, so you may have plotted this strange coincidence of foodstuffs. There were a few other foods on the table, but I didn't care as much about those, as my OE friends hadn't made them. Perhaps cabin...9 boys(?, oh gosh I can't really remember) made some bread. Now I know in real life, the pot lucks we had were wonderfully tasty and full of variety. Yet I feel that all of us partaking of the food stuffs in my dream would have no problems getting their daily carbs and fiber... if you catch my drift. In light of this dream, I hope that all of you are eating well. One of the main principles of Ayurvedic medicine is prevention- your diet is the first medicine. So eat balanced meals you college kids :) Lurv.

No comments:

Post a Comment