Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Sunday, August 1, 2010

not a dream.

hi beautiful oe people.

so i don't really have any oe dreams to share, either. i have them a lot, im sure, but i never remember them because i think they just feel so natural that they don't stick out in my mind anymore.

anyway, i ran across this mary oliver poem in the bookstore yesterday (they have SO MUCH mary oliver in the bookstore here! but i can't afford it so i sit and read it while other people shop around me. haha. mary's stuff is PRICEY, let me tell you).


When the blackberries hang
swollen in the woods, in the brambles
nobody owns, I spend

all day among the high
branches, reaching
my ripped arms, thinking

of nothing, cramming
the black honey of summer
into my mouth; all day my body

accepts what it is. In the dark
creeks that run by, there is
this thick paw of my life darting among

the black bells, the leaves, there is
this happy tongue.

August
by Mary Oliver


I like this poem because I feel this way walking through Holden--as if I am dreaming, or so apart of the natural world that it is almost no longer a mystery to me. Almost.

I miss you all very much. I think my greatest desire is that we would all be in one place again.

It seems like the general consensus is that the longer time goes on, the more we miss each other. I'm not sure if that is exactly how I feel, I just know that the longer time goes on the more I love you all and see how beautiful a thing the OE was, and how things like that can happen again if you let them.

Sending peace and love to you all.

-e

1 comment:

  1. "things like that can happen again if you let them."

    that was nice elise

    ReplyDelete