Lincoln

Lincoln
Photo: Andrew Gehl

Monday, August 23, 2010

A school and a knife.

Last night, I talked to Chance on the phone. He was waiting for the train he's riding to Holden to continue its travels to his final destination. We talked about many things, and apparently this led to his appearance in one of my dreams last night. I am sorry to say that no other OErs made this dream, but at least that means you have escaped the inevitable chaos of my mind in the astral plane.

Chance and I ran into each other at a school. I've dreamed of this school many hundreds of times before in similar incarnations, as it is the dream-version of my horrible middle school. (Not that the school is horrible, but my experiences there were at the time-puberty, cruel kids, hopeless crushes, and all that sort of thing.) Anyways I came to this scene with Chance after I went into the building presumably to get out of the craziness going on outside. We ran into each other near the orchestra room- my old stomping grounds- and I showed him my knife. Some sort of protection from someone or something I can't remember now. Don't worry Chancey, the knife wasn't going to be used on you. Then we headed off together, further into the bowels of the school. I'm pretty sure we got separated before I woke up.

And I'd sent a thought into the universe before going to bed that I might have lucid dreams, or at least dream of some important image for my future. I guess that's the divine's way of thwarting my attempts at foreknowledge. Instead I got to "visit" a friend who's going away for a year :( so I suppose I should be grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment